Expert Epoxy Garage Flooring Services in Dallas & Plano, TX
If you spend a lot of time working in your garage, such as on vehicles or woodworking projects, then having a nice floor can make a significant difference. The risk of slipping and injuring yourself is present no matter what room you find yourself in, but, if you upgrade the floor using epoxy garage flooring, then you reduce the risk of safety hazards while improving the appearance of the garage.
Typically, epoxy is a two-part formulate. The combination is mixed together on-site, just before rolling each one on. The first part is epoxy, which often comes premixed. The second is the primer or sealer, which helps ensure the glossy appearance most homeowners are after. For a one-car garage, we recommend one coat of each. A second coat can provide extra durability, though. Whatever you wish, Starwood Distributors can make it a reality.
Epoxy Garage Floor Maintenance
Like other types of flooring, an epoxy garage floor requires occasional maintenance. New flooring of any kind is an investment. You must take steps to ensure your investment lasts. With the right attention and maintenance, an epoxy flooring can last for more than a decade. It just takes a little elbow grease.
Here at Starwood Distributors, we believe in routine maintenance to prevent long-term, costly flooring repairs. First, we recommend mopping your epoxy flooring two or three times each year. Occasionally, use a shop vac to remove any debris from the floor. Other than that, spot cleaning is the only other task we would recommend.
Benefits of A Garage Floor Epoxy Coating
An epoxy coat, despite its glossy appearance, is actually one of the toughest and most durable finishes you can apply to a working garage. The coating is designed to protect your floors, transform the entire aesthetic of the room, and improve function. Here are some clear benefits to an epoxy garage floor:
- Durability – A concrete floor coated in epoxy will certainly last longer and resist more wear and tear over time.
- Timeliness – Epoxy is quick and easy to install, which means less downtime for your garage.
- Low Maintenance – Epoxy is non-porous, as it is sealed, and therefore easier to clean throughout the year.
- Safety – Epoxy is a safe material. It is slip resistant, meaning you won’t trip and fall as easily. Furthermore, epoxy is resistant to temperature, impact, and fire.
- Bright – Epoxy is a high gloss flooring solution. As such, it improves lighting in the garage, reflection, and, therefore, safety.
Industrial Epoxy Floor System
The most common location for epoxy flooring, besides a garage, is in an industrial setting. The thing about an industrial setting, however, is that it is in constant motion. There are daily forces that could wear away at the epoxy.
At Starwood Distributors, we use high-quality, tested epoxy flooring coatings designed for industrial complexes.