Tile Flooring BenefitsWhen the time comes for new flooring, chances are high that you’ll be exploring the benefits of various flooring materials. Alongside the advantages, the cost will play a significant factor in the type of flooring you ultimately choose to install.
When it comes to tile flooring, you’ll enjoy the following benefits year-round:
- Durability – Typically, when installed by a professional, tile flooring is quite resilient and tough to damage. A professional installation can last for 10 to 20 years – sometimes longer – if maintained properly. However, like any other flooring material on the market, tile flooring may take some damage over time. A severe impact, for instance, can lead to dents or cracked tile. The replacement process is simple and straightforward.
- Lifespan – A professionally-installed tile floor can last for up to 20 years or longer. Of course, this is based on maintenance and cleaning schedules. Furthermore, the two longest lasting tile floor materials are ceramic and porcelain. Both require occasional maintenance to extend their lifespan.
- Maintenance – While maintenance can extend the lifespan of tile flooring, the material does not require constant attention. In fact, tile flooring requires less maintenance than other popular flooring solutions. Tile is cleaned easily with a damp mop or sponge; it is highly resistant to stains and dirt, and repairs are quick and painless.
- Environmentally Friendly – Being kind to the environment makes a difference to many homeowners. Tile flooring does not attract dirt, pollen, dust, or allergens. As such, it is an environmentally friendly option that helps reduce poor indoor air quality factors. Variety – Lastly, tile flooring comes in a variety of styles and options. There are countless colors, shapes, sizes, and textures to select from – all ensure your home’s flooring is unique and really pops when someone walks in the room. You can pair your new tile flooring with the overall aesthetic of the property for the right feel.
Cons of Tile FlooringIt wouldn’t be right to discuss the advantages of tile flooring without mentioning the key disadvantages, too, though there aren’t many.
- Unglazed tile must be professionally sealed
- Tile may be too heavy a material for a second or third story floor
- During the winter, tile can become quite cold to walk on while barefoot
- Installation times vary, but tile can be quite time-consuming to install